29-year-old man defiles 14-year- old orange hawker (photo)

A 29-year-old driver, Isiaka Mustapha, has
been arrested by the Oyo state police
command for the alleged defilement of a
14-year-old girl.
The victim who hawks oranges for her
mother was regularly seen in the
neighbourhood where the suspect lived
at Aremo area of Ibadan.
Mustapha who committed the offence on
Friday, January 6, expressed his desires
to buy oranges from the teenager as a
means to lure her in.
Since she was familiar with the criminal
and his wife who were regular
customers, the victim did not hesitate to
take her tray into his room as she used
to. She thought his wife would be home
with him but it was learnt that the
suspect had earlier sent his wife to go
and fetch water at a far-away place,
before allegedly carrying out heinous
the act.
The victim said she struggled with the
suspect and screamed for help but
nobody came to her rescue. She further
said that she had to tell her mother
when she got back home because she
was bleeding continuously.
She added that she was still visibly in
pain as she could hardly walk well when
she came to the station to give her
statement. The suspect who admitted to
committing the offence said it was an
evil spirit that manipulated him to do
He said: “it is true I raped her, she used
to hawk oranges in my neighbourhood,
and my wife and I used to patronise her.
We also used to collect orange peels from
her to use as mosquito repellant."
"That day, she came as usual to sell
oranges but, I was repairing a faulty
electric cable. My wife had gone to look
for water that I would use to bath."
"She asked for water and I gave her. She
expressed tiredness, saying that she
would rest a little bit but I told her I
was going back to motor park to work."
"At a point, I didn’t know the spirit that
entered into me and made me to rape her
in my room. When I forced my manhood
into her, she screamed in pain and I
withdrew immediately. I regretted my
action when I saw her bleeding and
started asking for forgiveness from God."
"I also pleaded with her to forgive me. I
paid her the money for the oranges I
bought and asked to go home. Two days
after, two men came to my house and I
was arrested.”
Police public relations officer, Adekunle
Ajisebutu, while confirming the crime
said the suspect would be arraigned
after the conclusion of investigations.




Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Recent Posts