Thursday, 12 January 2017

cruel Fate : Family Of 5 Burnt To Death In Koko Kebbi House Fire Explosio

Tragedy befell Koko town in the Koko LGA of Kebbi
State after a couple, Kehinde and Kehinde Sarafa,
were burnt to death in a fire that gutted their
apartment.
The couple’s three children, Abdullahi (male, four
years old); Alimat (female, three years old) and
Moriam (female, one year old), were also reportedly
burnt beyond recognition.
We gathered from friends and family members of
the victims that Kehinde, aka Lasisi, had been
living with his family in Sokoto State, where he
worked as a digital photo printer.
He was said to have moved to Koko, Kebbi State,
after securing appointment with a top-flight
company.
Our correspondent learnt that after about four
months of shuttling from Sokoto where his family
was, and Kebbi, the place of his new job, he decided
to relocate his wife and children to his two-
bedroomed flat in Koko.
The 38-year-old reportedly turned on his generator
on Monday and went to sleep with his family.
However, around 1.30am on Tuesday when the
electricity distribution company restored power, there
was said to have been an explosion in the meter,
which resulted in the fire.
Lasisi’s elder brother, Tajudeen Abdulsalam, said
residents couldn’t save the victims due to the
intensity of the inferno.